Open Source Communities
We have a deep level of experience with all aspects of open source software management. Through our ongoing relationship with CollabNet we've been involved in direct support of open source communities such as www.java.net, www.tianocore.org, www.ballforge.net, among others. We've also had experience in helping companies define their open source strategies.
Elements of our Open Source Solutions include:
Open Source Strategy Planning
If you are at a point of considering open-sourcing software and are wondering why and how to do it, we will help you with this decision process. During this engagement we help you answer questions such as:
- What would be the market response to our release of this software?
- What would be the impact to our engineering group, in terms of people, process and technology?
- What are the ROI elements of this effort, in terms of market channels and revenue streams?
- What are the implementation alternatives? Should we host our own project, or place our software on a common infrastructure such as SourceForge?
- What are the resource requirements to support an open source community?
Open Source Strategy Implementation
Our Open Source solution marries our TCP social publishing platform with the popular source code versioning system Subversion, supported by our partner CollabNet. Blended together these two systems provide the ability for you drive use of your open source software, attract developers and blend these two groups into a cohesive community.
Our strength in this area is our experience, partnerships and flexibility. Whatever your intentions with respect to open-sourcing software, Cognisync can help you make the right decisions to ensure your effort supports the objectives you have in mind.