Eclipse Community Plugin
The Cognisync Community Plugin to the Eclipse IDE provides a direct avenue from a developer's desktop to your developer network.
With the Community Plugin, users of Eclipse can now perform the following interaction with a Drupal-based developer network without leaving their IDE:
- publish a code sample
- publish code to a "paste bin" on a developer network, to get help from others in the community
- post questions to a discussion forum
- post tips/tricks or any other content type defined by the developer network
- search the developer network for content
- receive notifications back if people comment, respond, rate, etc content that the developer submitted.
Companies can also push out select types of information to their userbase, which will pop up in their Eclipse IDE as a new piece of content.
This plugin is a direct application of Web 2.0 principles to a corporate developer network, by creating a direct link between the developer's primary interface, the IDE, and the community's primary gathering place, the developer network.
To use this IDE you must have a Drupal-based developer network, such as our TCP-based products.