Cognisync Case Resolution Process
The following process is used by Cognisync to resolve issues with our client sites:
Step 1: Client opens a case, with the following information:
- Assign to: Support Operations (default)
- Status: New (default)
- Priority: Please Select (defaults to Priority 3)
- Type Please Select (defaults to "bug")
- Contact Name/Phone: Fill in your contact information
- URL: Whenever possible, include the URL of the page in question
- Browser: If a bug, the browser and version being used
- Title: Brief title of the case
- Description: A description of the issue, including clear STEPS TO RECREATE if possible. The more descriptive you are, the faster the case can get resolved.
- Attachments: Always a good idea to attach a screenshot for descriptive issues. If you do not know how to create a screenshot, click here for instruction.
* Once a case is submitted, the Cognisync Support Operations Group is automatically notified.
Step 2: Support Operations assigns case to developer.
Support Operations will assign the case to a developer and change status to "Working".
If, for some reason, the developer needs more information to work on the case, he/she will make this comment and change the status to "Need Client Input". This will trigger an email to the predefined client contacts. At this point the client should log into the case system and address the input in question.
Step 3: Fix ready, developer implements the change in the client's STAGE environment.
When done, the developer will change status to "Ready for Client Review in Stage". Client receives notification.
Step 4: Client reviews the changes in the Stage environment.
The client updates the case by adding a comment of either acceptance or rejection.
Step 5: Developer receives notification from the comment above.
Developer either (a) moves the change into production or (b) reworks the issue. If (a), status is changed to "Ready for Client Review in Production". If (b), status is reverted back to "Working" and the process is repeated.
Step 6: Final client review of change.
If Step 5 (a) occurs, client will receive an email notification of the change of status. Client should go to the production site, verify the change is in place, noting this on the case. Upon receipt of this verification comment, developer will change status to "Closed".
Please note that all case activity is triggered off of comments to the case. Clients are encouraged to use the system for any correspondence regarding site fixes. In addition, the case system assumes a generic client ID, to enable all client representatives to see each other's cases. Thus, all comments should include the name of the person making the comment, for auditing and clarity purposes.
If you have questions regarding our case resolution process, please contact support at SupportOperations@cognisync.com.
To create a screenshot, follow these few simple steps.
- Make sure you have the window open and full screen. Make sure that whatever you are trying to make apparent is visible.
- Hit the "Print Screen" button. Sometimes it is abbreviated on keyboards as Prnt Scrn or something. It is usually on the right hand side towards the top. This key takes a snapshot of your screen and saves it in the clipboard.
- Open up an image program like Paint. Paint is found in your start menu under accessories.
- Go to the edit menu and select Paste. This will put whatever the screen looked like into the file you are working with.
- Then click File... Save... and save it as a jpg file. This will make it small enough that you can attach it to a case or email it.